These belt drive fan coils range from 600 CFM, to 10,000 CFM and are designed to meet your more demanding applications.
Whalen Horizontal and Vertical Belt Drive Units come in a variety of configurations to meet practically any commercial or institutional system and design requirement.
Whether you need single-wall or double-wall units … hot water, chilled water and/or electric heat … 2-pipe or 4-pipe configurations, the choice is yours!
Belt Drive Fan Coil Units
The Whalen Company’s large capacity belt-drive fan coil units combine cooling, heating, humidity control and filtration with the simplicity of a single, compact fan coil unit with an expanded operating range for even more applications.
These features make the belt-drive fan coils highly desirable for building owners, specifying engineers, and contractors alike.
For Building Owners
By using large capacity belt-drive fan coils, building owners have an economical performance option without the price generally associated with more expensive custom air handling equipment:
- Simplicity of maintenance with easy access to the filter, fan, and motor
- Quiet unit operation facilitated by large diameter fans and 1″ thick insulation
- Heavy-gauge steel construction provides for long life of the unit
- An optional stainless steel drain pan for superior corrosion resistance
- For direct-drive units, multi-speed motors assure optimal power consumption based on desired load, along with fan speed switch unit- or wall-mounted for owner and tenant convenience
For Specifying Engineers
Large capacity fan coils provide great versatility for specifying engineers. Four different models are available with multiple arrangements and configurations:
- Coil options include 4- and 6-row primary cooling/ heating coils for 2-pipe systems to provide precise heating and cooling performance for any requirement, with any combination of header connection/motor hand locations
- Secondary 2-row coils are offered in the preheat or reheat position for 4-pipe systems
- Filtration options include any 2″ disposable filter. The standard option is a MERV 3 filter. Special options include MERV 8 and MERV 13 (belt-drive units)
- A variety of motor voltages, sizes, and types are offered to best match the project specification
Large capacity fan coils offer a stock program for fast delivery in addition to a number of factory- and field installed features which make installation fast and simple:
- Header connections are ready for field piping with or without valve packages
- Easy access to all components.
- Various motor and drive kits for field installation on stock units
- Factory-preassembled valve packages are available