New Furnace Replacement Installation and Service
What is a Furnace?
A furnace is a type of heating system that uses a fuel source, such as natural gas, oil, or propane, to generate heat. The heat is then distributed throughout a building using a system of ducts and vents. Furnaces are commonly used in residential and commercial buildings to provide warmth during cold weather.
There are several different types of furnaces, including:
- Forced-air furnaces: This type of furnace uses a blower or fan to distribute heated air throughout the building using a system of ducts and vents.
- Boilers: This type of furnace uses hot water or steam to generate heat, which is then distributed throughout the building using radiators or radiant flooring.
- Heat pumps: This type of furnace uses a refrigerant to transfer heat from the outside air to the inside of the building. Heat pumps can be used for both heating and cooling.
Furnaces are typically highly efficient and can provide a reliable source of heat for buildings. However, they do require regular maintenance and servicing to ensure their efficient operation and to prevent potential problems, such as inadequate heating or system breakdowns.
What Does Furnace Service Consist of:
Furnace service typically consists of a variety of tasks that are performed to ensure the efficient operation of the furnace and to prevent potential problems. Some common tasks that are included in furnace service include:
- Cleaning: During a furnace service, the furnace will be cleaned to remove any dust, debris, or other contaminants that may have accumulated. This can help improve the efficiency and performance of the furnace.
- Inspection: The furnace will also be inspected to ensure that all of the components are in good working order. This may involve checking for any visible signs of damage, wear, or other problems that may need to be addressed.
- Testing: The furnace will be tested to ensure that it is operating properly. This may involve starting the furnace and running it through a series of tests to ensure that it is heating and distributing air properly.
- Maintenance: Any necessary maintenance tasks will be performed during a furnace service. This may include tasks such as replacing the furnace filter, adjusting the thermostat, or lubricating the moving parts.
Overall, furnace service is an important part of maintaining the efficient operation of your furnace and preventing potential problems. It is always a good idea to have your furnace serviced by a qualified HVAC contractor on a regular basis.
When Does a Furnace Need to be Replaced?
There are several signs that your furnace may need to be replaced, including:
- The furnace is more than 15-20 years old: Furnaces typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years, after which they may start to become less efficient and more prone to breakdowns. If your furnace is approaching or has exceeded this age, it may be time to consider replacing it.
- The furnace requires frequent repairs: If your furnace requires frequent repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than continuing to pay for repairs.
- The furnace is no longer efficient: As furnaces age, they can become less efficient, resulting in higher energy bills. If you notice an increase in your energy bills, it may be due to an inefficient furnace.
- The furnace is noisy or produces odd smells: If your furnace is making unusual noises or producing odd smells, it may be a sign of a problem that could be addressed by replacing the furnace.
If your furnace is showing any of these signs, it may be time to consider replacing it. It is always a good idea to consult with a qualified HVAC contractor who can assess the condition of your furnace and provide advice on whether replacement is necessary.
What is the Process of Installing a New Furnace?
The process of installing a new furnace typically involves the following steps:
- Selecting the right furnace: The first step in installing a new furnace is to choose the right unit for your needs. This will involve considering factors such as the size of your building, the type of fuel source that is available, and your budget. It is always a good idea to consult with a qualified HVAC contractor who can assess your needs and recommend the best furnace for your situation.
- Preparing the installation site: Once you have selected the furnace, the next step is to prepare the installation site. This will typically involve removing the old furnace, if there is one, and making any necessary modifications to the space, such as installing new ductwork or electrical wiring.
- Installing the furnace: The next step is to install the furnace itself. This will typically involve connecting the furnace to the fuel source, installing the ductwork and vents, and making any necessary electrical connections.
- Testing and commissioning the furnace: Once the furnace is installed, it will need to be tested to ensure that it is operating properly. This will typically involve starting the furnace and running it through a series of tests to ensure that it is heating and distributing air properly.
- Completing any necessary paperwork: After the furnace is installed and tested, any necessary paperwork, such as building permits or warranty documents, will need to be completed.
Installing a new furnace is a complex process that requires the expertise of a qualified HVAC contractor.
Heating Ontario has been servicing Toronto and the GTA for over a decade as the furnace installation and replacement company of choice among commercial property and homeowners. We pride ourselves on keeping up on the latest in heating technology from the most trusted brands in the business. For many homes and businesses, a high efficiency furnace is the best choice to keep you warm and keep energy costs in line.
When the time comes to replace your old furnace, your best option might be a high efficiency furnace. The furnace installation experts at Heating Ontario will help you choose the brand and model that is right for your home or business. High efficiency forced-air gas furnaces are the most commonly used models to provide comfort, as well as to shrink those expensive heating bills. A high efficiency furnace is not only an investment in health and well-being, it will also add value to your home or commercial property. Our furnace installers will help you choose the right model from the most trusted brands, including Amana, Carrier, Keeprite and Lennox.
Don’t wait until the first frigid days of winter to replace your old furnace. Allow the furnace installation experts at Heating Ontario to help you choose the new furnace that’s right for your home or business. Please call 647-591-2683 for more information.
Furnace Replacement Near Me Call 647-591-2683